Tuesday 11 October 2011

A little note about this blog:

Hi there, if you are reading this and Hi there, even if you aren't. I created this blog over a year ago as I was preparing to go into a Masters in photographic history at DeMontfort University in Leicester, UK. At that point the course had only been running for one year so I was due to go into the 2nd year of operation, as it were. I might write a bit about my experiences on the course - good and bad - but in the meantime I just wanted to say that most of these posts below (as well as a few due to follow) generally start from me knowing very little about photo-history and some are now quite embarrassing to read back. AMazing how much one can change in a year. Anyway, what then happened was that I went to go back on this blog after spendinga few gruelling months writing my thesis only t o find I couldn't log in/had forgotten my password. So, I've created a new blog and just copied and pasted the older posts into it. Most are just little things I thought were funny or interesting, some are portions of things i've written (and being portions may not make a huge amount of sense to anyone, including me) and some are starting points for things I would like to write further on. So in this sense the whole thing should kind of act a bit like a cork board with lots of pictures cut out of magazines, scribbled notes and post-its and all sorts. If there are any photo-historian's out there who want to get in touch I would love to hear from you. We seem to be such a tiny breed, we need to stick together....

No comments:

Post a Comment